Alii and welcome
Republic of Palau
Financial Institutions Commission
Ensure Liquidity, Solvency, Regulate and Supervise
Providing measures to protect the interests of consumers of financial services, to prevent systemic risk to the financial system, to provide sufficient scope for market forces to operate in the field of financial services, and to protect the reputation of the Republic in the international financial community, and establishing rules for the licensing, supervision and regulation of financial institutions.
The mission of the Financial Institutions Commission (FIC) is to establish and maintain a financial regulatory and supervisory system for the Republic of Palau, consistent with international standards, which promotes a stable banking and financial sector that facilitates economic growth and development within the Republic of Palau.
Protecting and ensuring the integrity of, and confidence in, the Financial Sector of the Republic of Palau.
More about us
- We conduct ourselves with integrity and maintain our independence to ensure our credibility is not at risk.
- We are ethical, fair, and respectful in all that we do.
- We communicate openly, honestly, and with good intent among ourselves and with those we serve.
- We continue to establish and maintain effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders/partners and agencies.
- We provide an environment for learning and growth so we are regarded as subject matter experts in financial sector issues and matters.
- We are proactive in our approach to development within the financial sector and the impact on Palau’s economy.
We work hard to protect Palau’s financial sector
We are proactive in our approach to development within the financial sector and the impact on Palau’s economy.
Information for Banks